The Fourth Annual Technology Awareness Month takes place October 1 – 31, 2019.
WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR EVENts:
- When submitting your events to our community calendar please use the form below.
- Please be sure to include your own RSVP link. We do not handle that for you.
- Use the event description space to add as many links as you’d like for your social channels and website as well.
- Please submit as many events as you like.
- Feel free to include Podcasts, video streaming, radio broadcasts, webinars, and other virtual events. We prefer they are relevant to Chicago.
- If your event changes or is canceled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org let us know, and we will update your calendar listing.
About tech Month Chicago:
October 2019 is an awareness month for the city of Chicago to celebrate technology, and our city’s diverse genius in technology innovation, business, and education. Tech Month Chicago is a platform for independently-produced technology-related events in the city of Chicago that are open to the general public.
Tech Month Chicago prioritizes events and projects that:
- Are free and open to the public.
- Are geared toward the non-techie or people outside of the tech industry
- Increase public access to and participation in technology-related tools, gadgets, knowledge, and ideas – especially among underrepresented populations.
- Involve every demographic in the city from senior citizens, teens, business people, companies, and organizations to any and all interested participants.
- Encourage collaboration between neighborhoods, schools, genres and other diverse groups.
Event Submission Guidelines
Anyone can submit an event for Tech Month Chicago. We want to be as inclusive as possible as we believe that technology should belong to everyone. Tech Month Chicago seeks to engage all city residents to participate and attend events through the promotion of our calendar. We imagine events like coding for kids, celebrations, maker tutorials, technology-related music, and art events, professional networking, job training, and more. Your event can take place anywhere- a tech venue, coffeehouse, subway stop, hospital, or nightclub. We hope you’ll be creative.
We also suggest that you adopt a “code of ethics” at your event, to make all people feel welcome and safe. Here’s an excellent template to get started: geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
- All events submitted to our calendar that take place during the month of October will be part of our social media outreach efforts.
- Please feel free to use our logo and information in your own independent outreach efforts. We will email you a kit to do this after you submit your event
Event submission DEADLINE?:
No, there is not an event submission deadline. We don’t have an event submission deadline because we know events come up last minute. We will include an event on our calendar if you post it on the last day of October. It does make more work for our team, but we believe it is an important aspect of our awareness month effort.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Subscribe to our Newsletter Here