First of all, what is Tech Month Chicago?
Tech Month Chicago is a month of technology awareness for the Chicagoland area showcasing the depth and diversity of our local tech culture featuring community events in technology, engineering, math, and science in Chicago and the surrounding area during the month of September.
By elevating, promoting, and celebrating local tech events, our aim is to engage new audiences for technology in the Chicago area and to raise awareness for the great tech-related culture happening throughout Chicago’s diverse neighborhoods. Unlike many tech industry-focused events, Tech Month Chicago is geared toward all city residents from senior citizens, kids, parents, and all people of the city of Chicago to share how technology shapes our culture and encourage participation from those outside the industry.
Events range from coding for kids to educational forums and invention showcases, startup pitches, tech activities for families, companies opening their doors to the public, job training, meetups, and festive tech celebrations. Presenters include tech organizations, large-scale technology-related companies based in Chicago, non-profit organizations, schools, tech experts, education groups, and other organizations throughout the city.
Have a Venue? Here’s how to donate your venue for tech events in the month of September:
This is a great fit for co-working spaces, offices, restaurants, schools and other large organizations. You are responsible for working out any logistical details with people who contact you about using your space in the month of September.
Pledge to make your space available for events during the month of September 2018. Work with people and groups who have great ideas, but no place to hold their events.
Here are some highlights from last September:
- Fourteen venues donated their spaces to help with our awareness month
- Our campaign had over half a million impressions on our twitter outreach alone
- Eight media outlets participated in our robust ad and awareness campaign
- Our calendar featured and promoted over 100 tech events in the Chicagoland area
Our Ask of You:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The name of your organization, a Contact name, phone number, and email address where event coordinators can reach you
- A high res file of your organization’s logo
- A description of any considerations for your space that you would like event coordinators to know about such as the capacity, availability, etc.
- Please send this to us by August 18th, 2018 if possible.
What You Get When you Donate your Venue:
- Your logo on our street marketing materials that will cover the city in strategic locations with posters and handbills (Please contact us by Aug.18, 2018 to make sure your logo is included in this)
- Multiple Social Media mentions throughout the month
- A professionally written press release you can use on your website
- Your logo on our website
- Open to anything else you may have in mind that we can accomplish to elevate and celebrate your organization
Have questions? Please feel welcome to contact Melanie Adcock at 312-259-0610 or email@example.com
Subscribe to our Newsletter Here: http://bit.ly/TMCNewsletter
Follow us on Social Media here: