Have a Venue? Here’s how to donate your venue for tech events in the month of September:
This is a great fit for co-working spaces, offices, restaurants, schools and other large organizations. You are responsible for working out any logistical details with people who contact you about using your space in the month of September.
Pledge to make your space available for events during the month of September 2018. Work with people and groups who have great ideas, but no place to hold their events. Your organization will meet potential new members and people who will build a community around your space.
When you pledge to make your space available you pledge to do the following:
- Take calls and answer emails from members of the tech community about the use of your space.
- Work with and accommodate women, people of color, minorities, people with disabilities, persons of lower economic status, and other marginalized groups who are often treated unequally in the tech industry.
Thanks in advance for contributing to this great cause!
Here are some highlights from last September:
- Fourteen venues donated their spaces to help with our awareness month
- Our campaign had over half a million impressions on our twitter outreach alone
- Eight media outlets participated in our robust ad and awareness campaign
- Our calendar featured and promoted over 100 tech events in the Chicagoland area
Our Ask of You:
Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- The name of your organization, a Contact name, phone number, and email address where event coordinators can reach you
- A high res file of your organization’s logo
- A description of any considerations for your space that you would like event coordinators to know about such as the capacity, availability, etc.
- Please send this to us by August 18th, 2018 if possible.
What You Get When You Donate Your Venue:
- Your logo on our street marketing materials that will cover the city in strategic locations with posters and handbills (Please contact us by Aug.18, 2018 to make sure your logo is included in this)
- Multiple Social Media mentions throughout the month
- A professionally written press release you can use on your website
- Your logo on our website
- Open to anything else you may have in mind that we can accomplish to elevate and celebrate your organization
Have questions? Please feel welcome to contact Melanie Adcock at 312-259-0610 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the other Chicago organizations who have donated their venues to this worthwhile cause!
GOT AN EVENT IDEA BUT NEED AN EVENT SPACE?
See our list of available event spaces Here
Subscribe to our Newsletter Here