The third annual Tech Month Chicago takes place September 1 – 30, 2018.
WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR EVENts:
- Please put the phone number and email address of the person coordinating the event in the box titled “Private notes for the calendar owner (not shown with your event)” This helps us reach you if anything comes up and if we can give you any extra promotion or assistance.
- Please add your event registration link as a hyperlink in the “Event Description” box. Please add anything else you’d like people to know about your events such as your social media handles and additional links in this box as well.
- Please make sure to add an image to your event. This makes it look cool when we promote in on social media.
- After you submit an event you should expect a phone call and.or email from us. We’ll ask you if there is anything else we can do to help.
- Are you a community manager submitting multiple events? Please do. If you have 50 events, that’s okay with us. Our goal is to help promote your venue, your event coordinators, and community ambassadors. Most of all we want to celebrate you! Please feel free to call us if we can help in any way.
- If your event changes or if you have an event cancellation please email email@example.com or call 312-259-0610 and we will take care of it for you and update our calendar.
About tech Month Chicago:
Tech Month Chicago declares the month of September 2018 as an awareness month for the city of Chicago to celebrate technology, and our city’s diverse genius in technology innovation, business, and education. Tech Month Chicago is a platform for independently-produced technology-related events in the city of Chicago that are open to the general public.
Tech Month Chicago prioritizes events and projects that:
- Are free and open to the public.
- Are geared toward the non-techie or people outside of the tech industry
- Increase public access to and participation in technology-related tools, gadgets, knowledge, and ideas – especially among underrepresented populations.
- Involve every demographic in the city from senior citizens, teens, business people, companies, and organizations to any and all interested participants.
- Encourage collaboration between neighborhoods, schools, genres and other diverse groups.
Submissions will be accepted for the following event categories:
- Tech Events for kids and families
- Company Open Houses
- Educational Outreach and Job Training
- Tech Expert presentations and panels
- Networking, parties, and festivals
- Demonstrations of Technology
- Audio such as Radio and Podcasts
- Virtual such as Webinars and Hangouts
- We’re open to categories not listed here
Event Submission Guidelines
Anyone can submit an event for Tech Month Chicago. We want to be as inclusive as possible as we believe that technology should belong to everyone. Tech Month Chicago seeks to engage all city residents to participate and attend events through the promotion of our calendar. We imagine events like coding for kids, celebrations, maker tutorials, technology related music and art events, professional networking, job training, and more. Your event can take place anywhere- a tech venue, coffeehouse, subway stop, hospital, or nightclub. We hope you’ll be creative.
We also suggest that you adopt a “code of ethics” at your event, to make all people feel welcome and safe. Here’s an excellent template to get started: geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
- All programs and events submitted prior to September 1, 2018, will be promoted in a robust marketing campaign and public outreach effort including online and social media.
- All events submitted to our calendar will be part of our social media outreach efforts.
- Please feel free to use our logo and information in your own independent outreach efforts. We will email you a kit to do this after you submit your event.
- Event coordinators will be invited to meet for an information session whereupon they will be given additional materials to distribute and help promote their events.
Event submission DEADLINE?:
No, there is not an event submission deadline. We don’t have an event submission deadline because we know events come up last minute. We will include an event on our calendar if you post it on the last day of September. It does make more work for our team, but we believe it is an important aspect of our awareness month effort.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
Subscribe to our Newsletter Here