The third annual Tech Month Chicago will take place September 1 – 30, 2018.
It’s not too early to start planning for September 2018. Please follow the instructions below, and contact us if you have questions and ideas.
Tech Month Chicago is a platform for independently-produced technology related events in the city of Chicago that are open to the public, and many are free. Tech Month Chicago declares the month of September 2017 as a month for the city of Chicago to celebrate technology, and our city’s diverse genius in technology innovation, business, and education.
Tech Month Chicago prioritizes events and projects that:
- are free and open to the public
- are geared toward the non-techie or people outside of the tech industry
- increase public access to and participation in technology-related tools, gadgets, knowledge, and ideas – especially among underrepresented populations
- involve every demographic in the city from senior citizens, teens, business people, companies, and organizations to any and all interested participants
- encourage collaboration between neighborhoods, schools, genres and other diverse groups
Submissions will be accepted for the following event categories:
- Tech Events for kids and families
- Company Open Houses
- Educational Outreach and Job Training
- Tech Expert presentations and panels
- Networking, parties, and festivals
- Demonstrations of Technology
- Audio such as Radio and Podcasts
- Virtual such as Webinars and Hangouts
Event Submission Guidelines
Anyone can submit an event for Tech Month Chicago. We want to be as inclusive as possible as we believe that technology should belong to everyone. Tech Month Chicago seeks to engage all city residents to participate and attend events through promotion of our calendar. We imagine events like coding for kids, celebrations, maker tutorials, technology related music and art events, professional networking, job training, and more.
We also suggest that you adopt a “code of ethics” at your event, to make all people feel welcome and safe. Here’s an excellent template to get started: geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR EVENT:
Please make sure to tell us your name, number, email, and social media accounts.
All programs and events submitted prior to September 1, 2018 will be promoted in a robust marketing campaign and public outreach effort including online and social media. Event coordinators will be invited to meet for an information session whereupon they will be given additional materials to distribute and help promote their events.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.